How To Add Multiple Photos To Instagram Story
Instagram Stories are a really great feature. Uploading photos and videos to your story is a great way to give your followers an insight into your daily lives and engage with them outside of your regular grid posts.
You can also be very creative with your stories on Instagram. One way to engage your followers and show off your creativity is by uploading multiple photos to an Instagram story. To learn how to do this, check out our ultimate guide below.
About Instagram Stories
Instagram stories are a collection of photos or videos that last for 15 seconds before moving on to the next one. They disappear 24 hours after you have posted them. Rather than being displayed in the feed like regular posts, they are displayed at the top of the app.
Instagram Stories have a wide range of tools that encourage engagement. You can ask your followers questions, layer music over images, set up polls, and more. They make your platform feel a little bit more personal.
Read more: How To Control The Quality Of Your Instagram Stories
How To Post Multiple Photos To Your Instagram Story
There are a few different ways that you can post multiple photos to your Instagram story. Check them out below.
Posting Several Photos To The Same Story
If you want all of your photos to appear on the same screen in one story, follow this step-by-step process.
- Open Stories in the Instagram app.
- Take a photo or add one from your camera album.
- Tap the sticker tray.
- Scroll until you find the photo sticker.
- Once you've tapped the photo sticker, you can choose another photo to add to the screen.
- Repeat this process until you have all of the photos that you want on the screen.
- You can move your photos around and re-size them so that it looks just how you want it to.
- Also, feel free to add text, music, or other stickers to the story.
- Once you have finished, share the story!
Posting Several Photos As Different Stories
If you would rather have each photo have a slide to itself, follow the instructions below.
- Open Stories on the Instagram app.
- Tap the photo icon.
- Choose the multiple photo icon (this should be above your photo gallery).
- Tap the photos that you want to add in the order that you want to add them. You can add up to ten at one time.
- Now, you can add filters, stickers, text, or music to each individual photo.
- Press post!
Posting Several Photos As A Collage
If you love a collage, you need to try posting your stories using Instagram Layout. To learn how to take a look at the step-by-step guide below.
- Open Stories on the Instagram app.
- Tap the Layout icon (which should be on the left-hand side of the screen).
- Scroll through the different Layout options until you find one you like.
- Tap the photo icon to choose the pictures that you want to include in the collage.
- Once you've added all of the photos you want to, you can add text, music, stickers, or filters.
- When you're done, press post!
Read more: Check The 20 Best Instagram Accounts In 2022!
Why Instagram Stories Features Are Useful
Instagram Stories are great, but they can be a bit complicated to use. As such, you might wonder... why even bother? Well, Instagram Stories can actually be a really great tool, especially if you're looking to get more followers. Check out the main benefits of Instagram Stories below.
They Appear at the Top of News Feeds
Sometimes, the Instagram algorithm can be frustrating. Sometimes it feels as though your content is barely reaching anyone. Using stories is a great way to remind your followers that you are present and posting.
They Give You the Opportunity to Engage With Your Followers
Stories tend to consist of impromptu images and videos. As such, they tend to be more relatable and they remind your followers of your personality. Using some features you can also ask your followers questions and engage with them on a more personal level.
Stories are Easy to Analyze
You can see exactly who has viewed your stories. Whilst you can track reach and engagement for your posts on Instagram, it doesn't allow you to see exactly who is engaging with your posts.
You Can Save Stories as Highlights
If you don't like stories because they disappear in 24 hours, you'll be pleased to hear that Instagram now allows you to save your stories as Highlights. These highlights appear on your page and can be added to at any time. They are a great way to save memories from a certain day or information about a certain topic.
How To Add Multiple Photos To Your Instagram Post
In addition to adding multiple photos to your Instagram stories, you can also add multiple photos to an Instagram post. Check out how to do so below!
Posting Multiple Full-Sized Photos
- Open the Instagram app.
- Click the plus icon at the top of the screen.
- Choose 'post' from the drop-down menu.
- On the left of the screen, there should be an icon for choosing multiple photos. It is next to the camera icon.
- Once you have tapped the multiple photos icon, you can select up to ten photos to add. Select them in the order that you want them to be posted.
- Now you can edit each photo if you desire.
- Add a caption.
- Press share!
Read more: How To Turn Off Active Status On Instagram
Can I Add More Photos to an Instagram Post That I Have Already Posted?
Unfortunately, this isn't possible. If you forgot to add a photo when making a post, your only option is to delete the post and remake it including all of the photos that you would like to include. If you want to keep a certain group of photos together, consider using the highlights feature.
Adding multiple photos to your Instagram story is a great way to get your content out there. We hope that this article has convinced you to give all of Instagram's features a try!
You can read additional Instagram articles here.