In this article, we have a step-by-step guide on how to turn on profile views on TikTok. You just have to follow each step and get to discover!
As TikTok continues to grow, people want to know more and more about who is viewing their content. Including their profiles. Well, you asked and TikTok has delivered. They have launched a feature that allows you to see just how many of your followers are viewing your profile.
Whether you are a TikTok sensation or simply want to know which of your friends are taking a peek at your profile, you can find out everything you need to know.
But how does it work?
What Are Profile Views?
Users of TikTok can access the history of all visitors who have peeked at their profiles over the last 30 days by using the Profile Views tool, which is an optional feature. This feature was reintroduced by TikTok as the snooper's bane to instantly destroy any Tiktokers who wanted to sneak into and out of other users' profiles covertly.
While it is completely understandable to want to know who is having a peak at your profile every now and again, you may risk exposing your own sleuthing in the process. Once you enable the action for Profile Viewing to allow you to see who is looking at your profile, others can see when you are looking at theirs.
However, while it is active, other users who have also enabled the function are aware of your account activity should you visit their profile. You can activate or disable profile views according to your whims. The visitor history is reliable for at least 30 days and is regularly updated with new records.
An important thing to remember is that TikTok has a rather strict policy on privacy. This means that when you activate the Profile Views on your account only you can see who is viewing your profile. This corresponds to a delicate step made by the developers to maintain double privacy; you only have access to information relevant to your own account while data connected to others are hidden from view.
This feature was created on the app to provide a sense of security for its users and a rather strong warning to those not following the set guidelines. You can be aware of who is visiting your profile and how many times they have visited within the last 30 days. However, if you do not want others to know that you are visiting their profile, you can disable the feature completely.
Now we can begin to take the step to enable the Profiles Views function on TikTok.
Read more: How To Get Followers On TikTok
How To Turn Profile Views On TikTok
- Open up the TikTok app on your smartphone, or tablet.
- Select the Profile Icon along the command strip. This can be found in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You are now looking at your profile.
- On the top right corner of the screen, there will be an Eye Icon. Select this.
- You are now viewing the screen of your Profile Views. Read the terms carefully to ensure you understand and accept them.
- Select Turn On at the bottom right of the screen.
- Or press Not Now if you do not wish to turn on the Profile Views function.
- You'll be taken to a page that contains a list of the last 30 days' visits to your profile.
- When you use the Profile Views TikTok feature, you will also receive a notification in your Inbox. You will be sent immediately to the visitors' history page if you tap it.
As mentioned above, once you enable the Profile Views function, not only will you be able to see who visits your profile, but others can also see when you visit theirs.
Now you may be visiting to check out their latest content or you may have more devious reasons, regardless, you may not want others to know that you are visiting their profile. This means you want to know how to disable the Profile View feature. Find out more below!
Read more: How To Delete A TikTok Video: A Quick Guide
How To Turn Off Profile Views On TikTok
- Once again, open the TikTok app on your smartphone or device.
- Tap the Profile Icon which is located on the command strip at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the Eye Icon which can be found in the top right corner.
- Now select the Gear Icon on the top right corner of your Profile Views page.
- You must move the toggle to the off side.
- Select the X Icon at the top right corner of the page.
- You have now turned off the Profile Views feature.
If you decide you want to turn the Profile View feature back on, simply tap the Turn On button. This will immediately enable the function again without having to go back to your profile page.
What Happens On TikTok When You Enable Profile Views?
You can use a monitoring tool to keep a check on every person that visits your profile when you allow Profile views. You are notified in your Inbox whenever a new visitor or an old friend drops by.
The “Profile views” function on TikTok is nothing fancy or not anything too elaborate. The function just allows you to view a list of usernames for those who have viewed your profile, with the most recent visitor at the top. Up to a period of 30 days, the list is presented in that order and descends.
When looking to determine who is visiting your profile often, the Profile Views feature will not provide a numerical metric. However, you can monitor who is visiting your profile by seeing if someone is consistently at the top of the profile viewers list.
Read more: Best Time To Post On TikTok
Always wondered who is checking out your TikTok profile? Well, now you can. Follow the above step-by-step guide and turn on your Profile Views feature to see exactly who is viewing your profile. We also give you the steps to turn off the Profile Views function if you would rather not know.
You can read additional TikTok articles here.